A Clinton Tradition since 1964
St. James’ Day School is located in the parish hall wing of the St James’ Episcopal Church in the heart of Clinton, NY. Our program prepares children ages 3 – 5 for kindergarten. Although our school is associated with the St. James’ Episcopal Church, it does not provide religious instruction and is open to children of all faiths. Licensed by New York State, our program is designed to promote the social, physical, emotional, intellectual and creative development of the child.
St. James’ Day School is in session Monday through Friday from September to May and follows the Clinton Central School calendar. The regular Day School pre-kindergarten session is from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. and a Lunch Bunch option from 11:30 to 1:30 p.m. two, three, or 5 days per week.
What does our learning environment offer?
- Experienced, certified teachers who are dedicated to promoting students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical growth.
- An engaging, dynamic, secure atmosphere
- Hands-on exploration and cooperative play
- Small groups, individual attention and field trips
- Enclosed outdoor playground & yard
Our program revolves around specific goals designed to promote the social, physical, emotional, intellectual and creative development of the child. Our goals are to:
- Encourage independent work and foster imagination
- Develop and strengthen the child’s self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Help develop the child’s ability to listen and follow directions
- Promote and strengthen fine motor skills.
- Encourage motivation for life-long learning
Our Lunch Bunch option is offered from 11:30 to 1:30 two, three, or all five days of the week and students bring a lunch from home.
This program provide an opportunity for the students to have lunch in school and experience an extended school day helping prepare them for a full day kindergarten experience.
St. James Board
- Sue Hecklau (Vestry Liaison)
- Alison Peto
- Cindy Shaw Wirene
- Beth Davis (Treasurer)
- Joanne Roselli
- Catrina Dibble (President)