A Clinton Tradition since 1964
St. James’ Day School is located in the parish hall wing of the St James’ Episcopal Church in the heart of Clinton, NY. Our program prepares children ages 3 – 5 for kindergarten. Although our school is associated with the St. James’ Episcopal Church, it does not provide religious instruction and is open to children of all faiths. Licensed by New York State, our program is designed to promote the social, physical, emotional, intellectual and creative development of the child.
St. James’ Day School is in session Monday through Friday from September to May and follows the Clinton Central School calendar. The regular Day School pre-kindergarten session is from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. and a Lunch Bunch option from 11:30 to 1:30 p.m. two, three, or 5 days per week. We are now also offering Stay and Play which is a full day option from 9:00 to 3:00 p.m. Drop off is at 8:45 a.m.
What does our learning environment offer?
- Experienced, certified teachers who are dedicated to promoting students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical growth.
- An engaging, dynamic, secure atmosphere
- Hands-on exploration and cooperative play
- Small groups, individual attention and field trips
- Enclosed outdoor playground & yard
Ms. Abby Stahl is the Head Teacher and Lunch Bunch Co-Teacher at the Day School. She has been involved in educating young children for many years through Yoga as well as in a preschool setting. Ms. Stahl and her husband have children in high school and elementary school.
Ms. Debbie Lindon (Ms. L) is the Director and Co-Teacher at the Day School. She is a long-time educator, having taught special education at almost every grade level for twenty-five years. She retired but then returned to the classroom as a Teacher’s Assistant for three years before joining the Day School. When she’s not at Lunch Bunch, Ms. L is either visiting her daughter and granddaughter, or keeping busy at home with her partner Mark and their two cats.
Our program revolves around specific goals designed to promote the social, physical, emotional, intellectual and creative development of the child. Our goals are to:
- Encourage independent work and foster imagination
- Develop and strengthen the child’s self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Help develop the child’s ability to listen and follow directions
- Promote and strengthen fine motor skills.
- Encourage motivation for life-long learning
Lunch Bunch & Stay and Play
Our Lunch Bunch option is offered from 11:30 to 1:30 two, three, or all five days of the week and students bring a lunch from home.
For those looking for a full-day option, we also offer Stay and Play which extends until 3:00 p.m.
These programs provide students with the opportunity to have lunch in school as well as additional one-on-one learning for the afternoon.
St. James Board
- Sue Hecklau (Vestry Liaison)
- Alison Peto
- Cindy Shaw Wirene
- Beth Davis (Treasurer)
- Joanne Roselli
- Catrina Dibble (President)